Graduate Design Engineer
McAree Engineering is one of Irelands leading outsource sheet metal fabrication companies. We have supplied bespoke products to customers in industries such as mining, agriculture, industrial machinery, telecommunications, energy, household and construction industries for over 77 years. In recent years, the company has seen significant expansion and investment in hi tech machinery and facilities. We operate across three factory units in Ballinode & Carrickroe, North Monaghan and employ over 180 people.
McAree Engineering have a strong track record of developing Graduate Engineers into a range of roles (Production & Operations Management, Project Management, Design Engineers) both within and outside of the company.
Graduate Engineer Role –
We are seeking graduate engineers to join our team and support our activities
- Estimating – working to provide complete pricing costs for our Outsource Metal Fabrication customers. You will be working with some of Irelands leading OEM’s
- Pre-production Support – ensuring that our Operatives have all the details relating to every job so that it can be processed smoothly and efficiently through our factory processes
- Design Engineering – working with our Engineering Managers to support our customers and internal design work and projects
- Production Engineering – working with our production managers to ensure that all fabrication jobs are designed for manufacture, production layouts are efficient and providing engineering support to the production team.
We have a formal 2-year Graduate programme that will lead the successful candidate through all of these areas.
- A level 8 degree in Engineering is essential (Mechanical, Mechatronic, Manufacturing, or related) is essential
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Should have a high level of mechanical reasoning and spatial awareness
- Be willing to get involved in hands on work on the production floor
- Already have some technical ability in both a 2D and 3D CAD packages and a strong ability in reading technical drawings
- Will be expected to use initiative and drive their projects but also be comfortable working in cross-functional teams
- Understand key concepts like design for manufacture and lean manufacturing techniques
- Competitive salary.
Applications by e-mail to HR@mcaree-eng.com . Please include a cover letter and CV.
We are 3rd generation family business and we have a strong focus on health & safety whilst at the same time operating a friendly work environment offering excellent rates of pay. We believe in ongoing training and offer all our team members the opportunity to work with high-end machines and equipment.