Based at our Ballinode Sheet Metal Fabrication facility, this Quality Control role will operate our Pre-Delivery Welding Quality Gate, inspecting welded product before it is shipped to our customers. Working to detailed fabrication drawings and QC heat maps, your job will be to ensure that only 100% quality approved product goes to our customers. Where issues do occur, you will have responsibility for putting corrective actions in place and ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
Reports to: Welding Supervisor
- Carry out daily quality inspections to ensure all welded products meets requirements prior to shipment.
- Completing Corrective Action activities related to welding process and CAPA system. Closing out corrective actions.
- You will be involved with identifying any potential trends during failure analysis and initiating improvement initiatives.
- Support Production Supervisor in day to day running of the Department.
- Support Production Supervisor with all safety, health, compliance procedures and standards in the workplace.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings/technical drawings.
- MIG/TIG welding experience and understand welding standards desirable.
- A "self-starter" in terms of time and task management.
- Good communicator both verbally and in writing with ability to influence.
- Good understanding of ISO 9001 standards.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
What we offer
We are a 3rd generation family business and we have a strong focus on health & safety whilst at the same time operating a friendly work environment offering excellent rates of pay. We believe in ongoing training and offer all our team members the opportunity to work with high-end machines and equipment.