Inventory & Warehousing Manager
As the Inventory and Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating all warehouse activities, including the intake of all materials and the internal movement of all materials, ensuring the smooth running of the warehouse. In addition, you will be responsible for the team’s day-to-day management and ensuring company targets are met.
We are implementing an ERP system (Epicor) and are looking for the right person to help us implement this system and help us improve our inventory and warehousing processes.
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee daily operations, managing inventory, logistics, kitting, & returns.
- Focus on stock accuracy, maintaining this through inventory and cycle counting
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system and keep stock control systems up to date
- Ensuring accurate receipt of goods and that they are aligning with the purchase order
- Work out the most accurate and optimum locations for deliveries in line with production requirements
- Train and manage a warehouse team.
- Develop / Improve warehouse operations systems by determining product handling, storage requirements, and equipment utilisation.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Third level Qualification in Logistics, Warehouse Management, Engineering or Manufacturing management
- Two to three years of experience working as a Warehouse Manager in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Have strong experience in overseeing a team and ensuring that they are working collectively as a team towards company targets
- Experience in the use of ERP (Epicor ideally) and Warehouse management systems would be an advantage
- Calm under pressure, level-headed
- Proven ability to direct & coordinate operations
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent comms & interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Strong I.T skills
- Strong focus on health and safety
We are 3rd generation family business and we have a strong focus on health & safety whilst at the same time operating a friendly work environment offering excellent rates of pay. We believe in ongoing training and offer all our team members the opportunity to work with high-end machines and equipment.